professional services for people who request bereavement counselling or related advice.
Our services are for any Brent resident of whatever age, culture, ethnicity, gender, sexual
orientation or disability, and is provided by suitably selected, trained
and supervised Voluntary Bereavement Counsellors on a regular basis.
Our key objectives are to:-
- relieve suffering and mental ill-health amongst the bereaved;
- prevent the need for hospital admission or out patient treatment;
- provide the opportunity for individual children and young people to communicate
their feelings and thus prevent detrimental behaviour;
- work in close association with health staff, social service personnel,
teachers and other professionals;
- provide trainining and education for others who care for the bereaved;
- create and promote informed public opinion on the needs of the bereaved